Mark Kadar has over 25 years of experience in strategy development, execution, and management with a focus on transportation, logistics, and retail. His work has addressed questions of industry segmentation and trajectory, customer satisfaction, and growth. Additionally, Mark has strong expertise in marketing and sales effectiveness, reorganization, and mergers and acquisition work. He has worked extensively in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
Before joining Brigadier Consulting Group Mark was a founding partner at The Newton Strategy Group where he focused on private equity due diligence work. Mark for many years led the global maritime, logistics, and postal practice at Oliver Wyman (formerly Mercer Management Consulting). In this role, Mark led numerous major projects for multi-national clients.
Examples of his work include:
- Leading the multi-phase integration (strategy, operations, and organization) of two global port operating companies
- Review of North American international transportation growth trends and infrastructure requirements for the government of Canada
- Analysis and strategy development work for a leading North American intermodal player
- Multiple strategy development and organization projects for third-party logistics providers, including integrators
- Developing a comprehensive demand forecast and revenue scenario planning for the Panama Canal Authority
- Strategic planning and restructuring project in advance of an IPO for a leading Asian logistics company
- Growth strategy development and implementation / organizational design projects for several major international liner shipping companies
- Efficiency improvement and operational streamlining efforts for major European and North American railways
- Numerous sales force effectiveness projects in all major transportation sectors
- Multiple due diligence projects focusing on transportation and logistics, including in trucking, intermodal, forwarding, and container leasing
Previously, Mark worked for Roland Berger Strategy Consultants in Germany and for Bain & Company, where he specialized in information services and retail. Mark was also Senior Vice President, Atlantic, of Hapag-Lloyd (America), where he was responsible for the results of the north and south Atlantic export trades of the global liner shipping company and managed sales and operations for liner and intermodal services in most of the U.S. and Canada.
Mark grew up in Austria and is bi-lingual in English and German. After graduating from Yale University, Mark earned master’s degrees from Yale and a J.D. from the Harvard Law School.