Darius W. Gaskins, Jr., a Partner at Brigadier Consulting Group, provides senior counsel on regulatory and public policy issues in the transportation and energy industries.
Mr. Gaskins has had a distinguished career in industry, government, and academia:
- Founding partner, Norbridge Inc., a management consulting firm, 1993 to 2009.
- Visiting Professor, Center for Business and Government, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 1989 to 1991
- President and Chief Executive Officer, Burlington Northern Railroad, 1985 to 1989; Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Burlington Northern Railroad, 1982 to 1985
- Senior Vice President, Natomas North America, 1981 to 1982
- Chairman, Interstate Commerce Commission, 1980 to 1981
- Deputy Assistant Secretary, Policy Analysis, Department of Energy, 1978 to 1979
- Director, Office of Economic Analysis, Civil Aeronautics Board, 1977 to 1978
- Director, Bureau of Economics, Federal Trade Commission, 1976 to 1977
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of California-Berkeley, 1975 to 1976 and 1970 to 1973
- Economic Advisor, House Ad Hoc Committee on the Outer Continental Shelf, 1975
- Director, Office of Outer Continental Shelf, Department of the Interior, 1975; Acting Director, Office of Minerals Policy Department, Department of the Interior, 1974; Assistant Director, Economics, Office of Policy Analysis, Department of the Interior, 1973
- Instructor (Captain, USAF), Aerospace Research Pilots School, 1963 to 1967
Mr. Gaskins holds a Ph.D in economics and Masters in Engineering from the University of Michigan, and a B.S. from the United States Military Academy (distinguished graduate).
He is currently Chairman of the Energy Policy Research Foundation, Inc. (EPRINC). Mr. Gaskins is a former Director for the following companies: Anacomp, Inc.; Burlington Northern Inc.; Eagle-Picher Industries, Inc.; Leaseway Transportation Corporation; MidSouth Corporation; Northwestern Steel and Wire Company; and UNR Industries, Inc. Mr. Gaskins is also a past Chairman of the Board of Directors for Sapient Corporation and a past Chairman of Resources for the Future, a non-profit environmental policy group based in Washington, DC.