In many industries, an effective asset strategy can have a strong impact on profitability. Managers face the challenge of simultaneously improving productivity in a structured way, increasing customer service, expanding capacity, and delivering bottom line savings. To do so managers must answer questions such as:
- What are the connections between asset levers and business outcomes?
- How do we prioritize investments across separate asset classes?
- What’s our asset vision for the future?
- What steps can be taken to scale capacity in the short term and long term?
- How will changes affect customer commitments?
- Asset optimization
- Efficiency improvement
- Capital planning
- Network optimization
- Maintenance planning